Saturday, January 24, 2009

Daily Reality Checks

Here is a simple list of Reality Checks (no where complete)
these are the reality checks I use throughout the day (and sometimes in dreams)
to check to see if I'm dreaming, I use the most discrete RC's I know of as I don't want to draw too much attention (in reality or in my dreams). Doing this alone could allow you to enter a Lucid Dream tonight.
  • Ask yourself "Am I Dreaming" and actually think about it; ask yourself if you remember how you got here and if anything is strange (spending time with friends or relatives that died, two moons in the sky etc..) ask yourself; are you in bed still? what were you doing before this?
  • Look at your hands; (do this and the first example at the same time) do you have the correct amount of fingers and thumbs? are they your hands? anything strange?
  • Look at a printed page or digital display and read it; (maybe a few words of a page) then look away and re-read it. print tends to change in a dream or the pages might be blank.
  • Read your watch; same as above read it memorize it and look away, if the hands move or the display changes then chances are good that you are dreaming.

Through out my day I look at my hands (and ask am I dreaming) everytime I; go through a doorway, go to the bathroom, think somethings strange or notice strange things and anytime I realize I was just daydreaming.

Now Daydreaming is very aptly named. as you are in roughly the same state during both dreaming and daydreaming, take advantage of this by Reality Checking every time you realize you just "zoned out" and I assure you that your Lucidity in general will go up.

These reality checks are great and they could make you well on your way to Lucid Dreams but soon you will realize your best reality checks are the ones YOU make.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment