Friday, January 30, 2009

Wake Initiated Lucid Dream (WILD) PART 3

WILDs are best done while being fairly alert, so best not to do it at the end of a day, maybe half way through the day or if your doing a WBTB maybe you could double up and try to do a WILD and if it fails and you fall asleep you can try your DILD in your WBTB.

Firstly lie down and relax, check out the Forced Relaxation article for more info.

I put two pillows under my head as to cut down on my want and need to swallow.
Now remain passively active.

There are many things different people do to remain passively active during a WILD here a a few:
  • Imagine walking up or down stairs
  • Count your breaths
  • Count to or from 100
  • Count and sing to yourself
The last one is the one I have found works best as counting interacts with the analytical side of the brain and the singing interacts with the creative side.
I usually do it like this:
1...I'm Dreaming
2...I'm Dreaming
3...I'm Dreaming
etc..
all the way to 100 and then back down if needed.
all the time singing "I'm Dreaming" in my head after every number I count.

Soon you should pass through all the stages presented in the WILD part 2 article.
To push along sleep paralyses you can tense and relax your muscles like when
body builders flex there pectoral muscles every 10-15 seconds or so for about a minute.

Soon the imagery should become clearer or more real and you should find yourself in a dream, while fully awake.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I've been trying to WILD for a while now, and it wouldn't work. Now I see it's because I kept responding to the urge to swallow. But how does your body handle that whilst sleeping? That's not my biggest question though. In this post, you mention that one has to flex one's muscles to 'push along' sleep paralysis. What do you mean by this? Do you mean that it increases the speed of SP or to go beyond SP into your lucid dream? Anyway, thanks to your post it might work this night ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi FusionTank,
    This is a bit late, but I'll give it a go anyway.
    I'm not entirely sure what the body does when it is asleep. But from what I have observed; people don't usually seem to resume swallowing until they are already fast asleep (pre dream), but I'm just going from what I have observed (feel free to resume normal functions once you start to see vivid shapes and images).

    As far as flexing the muscles goes: it's a technique that is used to trick the body into thinking your asleep; the body naturally flinches/flexes as you enter sleep paralysis. This same feeling often wakes us up as we are falling asleep at night (you see dogs flinch and kick their legs as they fall asleep). Doing the flinching while trying to WILD will trick your body into thinking your already asleep and allow your body to enter SP more quickly.

    I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete